Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pirate Ronald re: Fuel Costs

When I was bicycle racing at a time that I stopped driving and replaced driving with bicycling, I averaged hundreds of miles a week some years. To fuel this, I ate a lot of high quality and expensive food. The fuel cost per mile was rather high compared to gasoline, but the physical fitness and health benefits likely have saved me greatly in not having medical expenses and having a much more productive life.

After The Great Collapse, my transportation energy source will be the wind for sea travel and bicycling and walking for on shore where it will be important to be able to pick places away from zombie populations and otherwise outdistance zombies that might become aware of my presence. But, zombies don't swim well and the sailboat is an excellent way to travel away to a better location.

No comments: